The Trident pickleball paddle was the official 2018 Texas Open Tournament paddle awarded to the gold medalist. Due to its success and requests, it has been named the offical paddle of the 2019 Texas Open and is now being made available to the general public.
The Trident pickleball racquet debuts a new skin developed by Engage called GripTEK. This skin has 5 layers optimized for control, feel, spin, and ball placement. It is an extemely firm hitting paddle with a larger sweet spot that most other paddles. The skin hits the USAPA limits on roughness and won't wear away with the passage of time. Its evenly distributed over the entire hitting surface for an even and balanced reaction as you strike the ball.
The Trident is the only pickleball paddle with GripTEK technology.
The new 5 layer skin works together with the Control Pro 3 polymer core to act as one giving you control with your ball placement. The Trident has power when you need it to put the ball away, but the main features of this pickleball racquet is control, feel, and spin, balance and manueverability. The ball stays longer on the paddle creating the soft feel needed to command the finesse game at the net.
- Core: a specialized polymer ControlPro 3 (with Vibration Control Technology)
- Skin: Proprietary 5 layer composite GripTEK
- Optimized to Pass Most Stringent Community Noise Requirements
- Weight: 7.7 - 8.1 oz
- Size: 15 1/2" long x 8 1/8" wide
- Grip Circumference: 4 1/4"
- Color: Black/Gold, Black, Blue, Red, Purple, Aqua
- USAPA Listed and Approved for Tournament Play.